Packing for Summer Camp
Attention Parents & Guardians:
Please assist your camper(s) when packing for Camp. We rely on your supervision to ensure that the necessary and appropriate items (clothing articles, gear, toiletries, etc.) are selected. Clothing should not have inappropriate messages/images or be overly revealing. It should be functional for active, outdoor fun. In addition, we highly recommend that you label all of your campers items with his/her name. If your camper is attending a Camp Daggett Wilderness Trip, please review our packing list here.
Equipment and Gear
- Water Bottle
- Sleeping Bag
- Face Masks (worn minimally during camp)
- Optional Item: a bottom-fitted twin bed sheet
- Stationery & Stamps
- Optional Items – books, musical instruments, journal/diary, playing cards
- White t-shirt or pillowcase for tie-dye
Clothing for 6 Days
- Rain Jacket/Poncho
- Bathing Suits – should stay in place without excessive adjustment and not be overly revealing
- Towels for swimming and showering
- Dirty Clothes Bag
- Hair Brush/Comb
- Toothbrush & Toothpaste
- Insect Repellent
- Necessary Medications*
*As part of the camper registration process, parents with campers who require medications will meet directly with the Camp Health Director in the health cabin to discuss your camper’s needs and to check-in all medications. Medications will be distributed throughout the week in the privacy of the health cabin. These measures are meant to uphold and respect the privacy of our campers. All medication must be in original packaging.
These items are not allowed at Camp and will be confiscated by Camp staff.
- Drugs & Alcohol
- Tobacco products
- All electronic devices
- Cell Phones
- Hand-held games
- Matches & Lighters
- Flammable substances
- Sharp implements, including knives & hatchets
Special Note: Snacks and drinks (excluding soda pop and candy) are now allowed in reasonable quantities. Please be advised that all snacks and drinks will be stored and monitored by cabin counselors.
Questions While Your Child is at Camp?
If you have any questions while your child is at summer camp, please direct your inquiries to:
- Summer Camp Office: (231) 347-9742 ext. 104
- Summer Camp Registrar: (231) 347-9742 ext. 101