Year-Round Employment Opportunities
Adventure Education Director
Camp Daggett is hiring a full-time, year-round director for our Adventure Education program. As part of the program team, this position focuses on structured teambuilding, wilderness adventure trips, and managing the challenge course—including outdoor low and high ropes elements as well as an indoor ropes course.
- Bachelor’s Degree (minimum)
- Education/training in areas such as:
- Adventure education and/or experiential education
- Human focused leadership training and/or 0ther related fields that relate to leadership development
- Previous experience in leading teambuilding activities, wilderness camping and activities as well as a love/appreciation of the outdoors
- Challenge Course Level 1 Certification or similar, or willingness/ability to obtain
- First Aid and CPR certification, or willingness/ability to obtain
- Wilderness First Responder & Lifeguard Certification, or willingness/ability to obtain
- Ability & willingness to learn new skills and grow professionally in the adventure education field.
Please see the full Adventure Education Director job posting here.
This position is full-time, year-round with excellent salary, vacation and benefits package. To apply, send resume and cover letter (including salary requirements) to Andy Hayes, Executive Director – Camp Daggett. firstname.lastname@example.org
Summer Employment Opportunities
WE ARE ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR SUMMER 2023!
Build your leadership abilities at Camp Daggett while developing transferable skills and experience. These experiences, along with the great communication and interpersonal skills gained while working at camp, look phenomenal on any resume.
Working as part of our summer staff is one of the best ways to spend June, July, and August. We strive to create an inclusive, dedicated team that is willing to do everything it takes to make sure everyone has a great summer. These are the basics that apply to all positions
- Location: Camp Daggett is a Co-Ed overnight camp on beautiful Walloon Lake in Petoskey, Michigan and has been operating since 1925.
- Time commitment: June 12th-August 14th, living and working at Camp Daggett
- Benefits: each position has a starting salary along with an end-of-summer bonus, extensive training, and includes lodging and meals for the summer.
- Training: June 12th-June 18th is a paid week of staff training which includes activity specific training, positive youth development approaches, and basic First Aid and CPR. Lifeguard training will be available the week prior for aquatic positions and in-service training takes place throughout the summer.
- Time Off: the 8 week-long camp sessions run from Sunday afternoon to Saturday morning. All staff have one night off per week and time off between sessions.
- Application Process: apply via the link above. Applicants must be 18 at the start of the summer (except for kitchen aides). All positions require thorough background checks, employment history, and three references.
- Position availability: summer positions are filled on a rolling basis. All roles are listed below regardless of whether they are filled for the upcoming season.
$375 per week | Room + Board | Training + Skill Development
The core of the summer experience for campers.
In this role, you will:
- Create a positive group dynamic for 10 campers under your supervision for the week. Campers are 7-14 years old, stay at camp for 1 week, and are grouped by age
- Help campers enjoy camp, stay in the cabin with your campers and eat meals with them
- Instruct in one of our program areas for the summer, working with all campers
- Lead a weekly overnight campout with your brother or sister cabin
Counselors do not need extensive outdoor or summer camp experience.
You will be a great fit for counseling if you love working with kids, are known for being responsible, and care about giving campers a supportive, positive experience.
$400 per week | Room + Board | Training + Skill Development
Key to creating fun, engaging program areas for campers. In this role, you will:
- Lead one of six areas: swimming, sailing, canoeing, arts + crafts, nature, or recreation
- Plan program lessons and work with counseling staff to run activities in area
- Prepare and lead one camp-wide night activity each week
- Fill-in for counselors during nights off and supervise a cabin of campers
- Work as part of the leadership team to make sure all details of camp happen
- Area Directors need to have experience in their area and a willingness to learn
Apply to be an Area Director if you are great at planning and organizing, enjoy supporting others’ success, and love helping people learn new things.
Administrative and Support Staff
Help make sure everything that needs to happen at camp does while supporting campers, staff, and volunteers.
Program Director $475 per week | Room + Board
Oversees activity areas, night activities, and all other programs that happen throughout a day at Camp. The program director coordinates camp-wide night activities with area directors, leads volunteer staff in preparing special programs, assisting maintenance, and supports quality programming happening in all 6 activity areas.
Leader-in-Training Director $475 per week | Room + Board
Supports our volunteer Camp Aides and Counselors in Training. The LIT Director provides each group on volunteer staff a unique leadership development experience. They coordinate projects, responsibilities, and evaluations of all volunteer staff. Coordinating with the other directors, the LIT director also supports counseling staff.
Adventure Program Director $475 per week | Room + Board
Plans, prepares, and supports our cabin campouts. They coordinate where cabins are camping out each week, develop dinner and breakfast menus, and work with camp aides to make sure all gear and food is packed. They also support counselor skill development for tent camping and may attend campouts when available. This role also ensures that other adventure programming is successful in program areas.
Camp Health Officer $475 per week | Room + Board
Is the primary health care provider at Camp Daggett. They communicate with parents about specific health needs, manage and distribute all medications, document health care provided, advise the Camp Director on health care matters, and providing advanced first aid as needed. Must have or be able to obtain first aid and CPR for the professional rescuer as well as any other required health officer training.
Kitchen Staff starting at $375 per week | Room + Board available
Roles include the Assistant Cook and Kitchen Aids. The Head Cook and Assistant Cook order supplies, plan menus, and prepare meals for campers and staff that are accommodating to dietary restrictions and food allergies. Kitchen Aides assist with food preparation and serving as well as cleaning of dishes, the kitchen, and food storage areas.
Maintenance Staff starting at $375 per week | Room + Board available
Keep the facilities and grounds at camp maintained and looking great. Our Summer Maintenance Director and Assistant Maintenance Director help make repairs and clean spaces daily with the support of volunteer Camp Aids. The Summer Maintenance Director position does have the option to live on-site or drive in daily.
You are made to take on a supportive role if you are great at seeing the big picture, can keep multiple things moving at once, and know that you can have a huge impact by helping others be successful.