The 13th Annual Kayak for a Cause on Walloon Lake
is scheduled for Saturday, July 17, 2021
2020 was a successful year despite COVID-19. The weather was the biggest challenge! We changed the format to a one day event with two options for folks to participate in and we are going to do the same in 2021. There will be two teams that will start from Bear Cove Marina. One will be taking a shorter route and the other a longer route. The teams will meet for dinner and celebration in the evening. With both teams going around the lake in different areas, the entire shoreline of Walloon Lake will be passed by our kayakers. Karen Marietti, director of the Camp Daggett Adventure Center (CDAC) will be leading one team and Mary Ling will be the team captain for the second team. The proceeds from this event will support CDAC programming for youth.
There will be opportunities provided for you to again PURCHASE A DOCK FLAG, SUPPORT A KAYAKER or SIGN UP TO KAYAK WITH ONE OF THE TEAMS.
HERE ARE THE SCHEDULES FOR THE TWO TEAMS:
- Meet at Bear Cove Marina at 8 a.m.
- Paddle towards Camp Daggett and through the narrows.
- Stop for a bathroom break at grassy conservancy.
- Paddle to the Roudi’s house for Lunch.
- Paddle up and around the North Arm back to McMurray’s.
- Optional to stop at McMurray’s and not paddle the North Arm.
- Meet at Bear Cove Marina at 9 a.m.
- Paddle up and around Mud Lake
- Continue to Gross’ house for Brunch
- Stop at Resort Pike public access for a bathroom break
- Paddle to McMurray’s for dinner and celebration.
- Optional paddle around the North Arm with the other team.
The two groups will be working as a team to cover the entirety of Walloon Lake on this Saturday. The two groups will meet at the McMurray’s between 2 and 2:30 p.m.
For more information, contact Karen Marietti at 231-347-9742 ext. 117 or email@example.com.