Planning for the Future
Would you be interested in helping to support Camp Daggett and receive income for life? Too good to be true? It may seem so, but it is true nonetheless. It is called a Charitable Gift Annuity.
What is Charitable Gift Annuity?
A Charitable Gift Annuity is part gift and part investment. You make a gift to the Petoskey-Harbor Springs Area Community Foundation (PHSACF) or the Charlevoix County Community Foundation (CCCF) and they promise to pay you an income for life (the Foundation operates a charitable gift annuity program for the benefit of Camp Daggett and other local non-profit organizations).
How a Charitable Gift Annuity Works
- You make a gift to the Community Foundation.
- A simple one-page contract is written that describes the annuity payments and the deferred charitable gift.
- You receive a payment from the Foundation during your lifetime, usually quarterly, that is fixed and is not affected by changing market conditions.
- Upon your death, the Foundation will add the remainder of your gift to the Camp Daggett Endowment Fund in the PHSACF or CCCF which provides annual income to Camp Daggett (or)
- Upon your death, the Foundation will create a fund in your name with the remainder of the gift, the annual income from which will benefit Camp Daggett forever.
For your personalized confidential gift illustration, download the Planned Giving Response Form and send it to the Community Foundation of your choice.
You can also contact:
- Petoskey Harbor Springs Community Foundation office at 231-348-5820
- Charlevoix County Community Foundation office at 231-536-2440